Use the latest technology to gather and interpret data, help optimize athletic performance, and prevent injury with Winona State's Performance Analytics Master of Science (PAMS).
In this program, you’ll develop the skills to become a sports scientist and work alongside athletes, coaches, performance specialists, and athletic trainers.
Ready to Apply?
Learn about the admissions process to ensure you complete your application correctly.
Applications for the Fall 2023 term are being accepted on a rolling admission basis until the cohort is filled.
We highly recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Before applying for the Performance Analytics master’s degree, you must meet the following requirements:
- Completed an undergraduate degree, from an accredited institution, in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or a similar area of study.
- Note: Students with degrees in other fields can apply to this program, but they may need to complete additional prerequisite work.
- Completed a minimum of one semester of each of the following undergraduate classes:
- Anatomy and Physiology, with lab
- Biomechanics, with lab
- Exercise Physiology, with lab
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Current CPR/AED Certification
To apply for enrollment in the Performance Analytics master’s degree, you must submit two applications.
1. Apply to WSU’s School of Graduate Studies
The first thing you need to do is apply to the School of Graduate Studies at WSU.
Complete an online application, pay the application fee, and submit your official transcripts to be considered.
If you’ve been admitted to WSU’s School of Graduate Studies, then you’re ready to move on to the final step.
2. Apply to the Performance Analytics Graduate Program
The final thing to do is apply to the PAMS program.
Complete the program application online through WarriorSpace. Within your application, please attach the following items as PDF files:
- Current resumé
- Transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation from a current or former employer or professor
- A written personal statement, no more than three pages in length, that:
- introduces you to the selection committee
- explains why you wish to seek an advanced degree in Performance Analytics at Winona State University and why you believe you’d be a successful applicant
- describes your post-graduation career goals and/or plans