You have made a decision! That is great! Perhaps it is a single major, a major with a minor, or perhaps a double-major. Regardless of your choices, the process to declare is the same, follow the steps below.


Complete the Online Declaration Form

Students use the online declaration/change of major form to declare or change a major or minor. 

Once the declaration form request has been processed, you will receive an email notification and your DARS report in Student eServices will change to reflect your new program(s).


Watch for Your New Advisor Assignment

Within a week of submitting your declaration online, a faculty advisor from your new academic program will be assigned. Once this is complete, you will see the name of your new advisor in your DARS report in Student eServices.


Don't Worry, Be Happy

OK, this is not really a step, but it is worth saying that you may still not be 100% sure about your major at this point. That is totally normal. Chances are very good that you will love your new program, but students do sometimes change their minds for a variety of reasons.

If you find yourself here in the future, officially changing your major is as simple as completing a new Declaration/Change of Major form. If you get stuck at any point, contact the staff in the Warrior Success Center. We are here to help!