Articulation Agreements

An Articulation Agreement is a formal agreement between two or more educational institutions that allows the receiving institution to accept student credits in transfer toward a specific academic program.

In their most basic form Articulation Agreements allow students to transfer general education credits seamlessly from one institution to another in a pre-arranged approved sequence.

Staff and Faculty

Articulation Agreements can be a great way to attract new students to your program from our two-year college partners, both in-state and out of state. You can browse existing WSU Articulation Agreements at the Minnesota Transfer website.

To establish a new or renew an existing agreement, please use the approved Minnesota State form provided by Minnesota State. Please follow the detailed steps outlined in the instructions.

Below is an overview of the establishment of an Articulation Agreement. 

  • Establish partnership relationship with the institution with whom you wish to establish an agreement. 
  • Create agreement that satisfies general education and program requirements at both sending and receiving institutions
  • Submit paperwork to the Chief Academic Officer at each institution for review and approval.  At Winona State, this entails turning the articulation agreement draft into academic affairs.  Our office will send it to the registrar’s office and admissions office for review and approval by transfer specialists, and arrange for Provost Presidential approval. 
  • After both sides have obtained all signatures, the agreements is sent to Minnesota State system offices for approval and entered into DARS once approved. 
  • Agreements are valid for 5 years and must be renewed at expiration
  • If you have questions about the process or current agreements please contact Sarah Curtin at

Articulation agreements are only active through their expiration date. Please notify Sarah Curtin at if the terms of an articulation agreement change, i.e. degree requirements/course content changes. Any changes need to be communicated immediately so they can be communicated to the participating institution. 


If you are looking to transfer and would like to know if your school or program is part of an Articulation Agreement with Winona State University,  you can explore Winona State’s Articulation Agreements on the Minnesota Transfer website or you can contact our Admissions Office