A student researches on his laptop in a study lounge on WSU campus.

Immigration Information for F-1 Visa Students

An F-1 visa is a temporary student visa that allows international students to study full-time at an accredited academic institution. Participating in an English language course in the US may make you eligible for an F-1 visa.

A Visitor's B2 visa is an option if you'd like to invite family to attend your commencement ceremony.

F-1 Visa Requirements

To maintain your F-1 status at WSU, you must meet the following requirements.

Enroll full-time during Fall and Spring semesters

  • Undergraduate Program = 12 credits per semester
  • Graduate Program = 6 credits per semester

Update ISSS if you make any changes to your program

  • Do not withdraw from a class without first speaking to an ISSS advisor
  • Speak with an ISSS adviser if you plan to change your major or program of study
  • Update e-Services with your new address within 10 days of moving

Only work when and where allowed

Find out more about F-1 student employment in the U.S.