Trips Best for Your Academic Major

Interested in taking coursework towards your major or minor? We have compiled selected study abroad programs specific to several majors on campus:

Trips Best for General Education Requirements

Interested in taking general education courses? Most general education courses—unless they have been approved in a previous term—will be approved for WSU general education credit upon return from your study abroad.

After selecting your program, contact Dr. Hannah Leverentz-Culp at for recommendations on general education courses that have the best chances of transferring back as WSU courses from your program.

Wondering what other students have taken abroad before, and how it transfers back to Winona? Check out our Course Equivalency Table.

Faculty-Led Programs

Students on faculty-led programs take WSU courses. Some count toward general education credit, some are general electives, and some count for a major or minor requirements.

Not Sure?

Not sure what factors you should consider? Look through our Frequently Asked Questions to see what other students have had to consider.

Want to talk to someone who has already studied abroad? Make an appointment with a peer advisor by emailing