- IRS form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, must be completed by student worker in person prior to working their first shift.
- All work of student employees must be completed in the State of Minnesota. The student payroll system is unable to comply with withholding taxes from states other than Minnesota.
- Offers you opportunities to meet people and make new friends
- Is located right here on campus
- Teaches you new skills or offers you opportunities to shine at what you already do best
- Pays a competitive salary
If this sounds good, you may want to look for a job on campus while you attend Winona State University. Many opportunities are available for eager, talented students. Begin your search by looking at the information provided in the section called Eligibility and Finding a Job.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding payroll.
Starting on Aug. 1, students will be able to apply for on-campus jobs through Handshake.
Open positions will include both telework and in-office positions, and these job openings will be posted throughout August and into the first two weeks of courses.
To access Handshake, you'll need to login with your StarID and password.
Students are encouraged to prepare their resume and cover letters as well as a class schedule when completing job applications. If you need some help writing these documents, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with WSU Career Services.
Questions about on-campus jobs can be sent to email@example.com.
Bring Two Forms of Identification
You are also encouraged to bring two forms of identification with you when you move to campus so that your employment paperwork can be processed quickly when you find a job.
Acceptable forms of identification include the following. These documents must be originals and unexpired.
- birth certificate
- driver’s license
- school identification card
- social security card.
Please note, students who are hired for a telework position will still need to come to campus to complete hiring documents (I-9, W-4, and W4MN).
Complete Training for Returning to Campus
Student workers will be asked to complete a Student Worker Return to Campus online training to learn about safety and social distancing protocols for working on-campus.