Strategic Planning at WSU
Strategic planning at WSU involves several components that inform and reinforce each other.
The Strategic Framework provides a broad planning strategy which transforms our foundational values into planning goals:
- Student Learning
- Student Success
- Stewards of Place and Resources
- Inclusive Excellence
The Strategic Plans are area-specific operational plans which are constructed from the Strategic Framework goals.
The 5 Ps
Our priorities can be summed up as 5Ps.
- civility and diversity
- a more hospitable campus climate
- better communication with and amongst our faculty, staff, and students
- keeping our current academic programs strong while exploring new program offerings that are relevant and responsive
- great student life opportunities,
- the integration of learning experiences
- keeping WSU affordable by controlling costs
- enhancing the beauty of this already beautiful campus and sharing our arboretum
- modeling sustainability
- making the river an inextricable part of us
- being fully engaged in the community
- striking the balance between Winona being Winona and Rochester being Rochester
- realizing our distinctiveness and excellence
- telling our story
- revitalizing existing traditions
- creating new traditions that fuel our mission
Our mission is to be a community of learners improving our world.
From that mission emerges our foundational values: the 5 Ps, which are People, Programs, Price, Place, and Pride.
All that we hope to do and accomplish at Winona State University should be embedded in these foundational values.