Day Trips & Travel Programs
From trips to theater productions to tours of California wine country to international travel, there's a variety of opportunities to explore the world with day trips and travel programs at the WSU Retiree Center.
You do not need to be a Winona State retiree to enjoy our day trips and travel opportunities. These experiences are open to all adults who are interested!
"Beetlejuice" Day Trip
Greece & Its Islands
Oct. 9-24, 2023 | Sign up for this trip
This 16-day journey explores Greece's most important ancient monuments, including the famed Temple of Zeus, the archeological site of Olympia, and ancient artifacts of Delphi.
- Discover the magnificent ruins of Ancient Greece and bask in the brilliance of the Mediterranean.
- Explore Athens on a comprehensive tour of the incredible Arcopolis.
- Visit a local farm in the countryside to see how olive oil and wine are produced.
- Learn how to cook traditional Mediterranean cuisine during a cooking demonstration.
- Wander the winding streets, vineyards, marketplaces, and beaches of Mykonos and Santorini.
- Explore the excavations of the ancient city of Akoritri, the most important prehistoric settlement found anywhere in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Learn the history of this fascinating country from local experts on guided tours of the Athens, Meteor, Delphi, and Olympia.
- Experience the iconic sights of Greece's Classical age with ample time to explore your own.
Vikings Game Day Trip
Nov. 12, 2023
"Clue" Day Trip
"The Lion King" Day Trip
March 28, 2024
April 2-11, 2024 | Sign up for this trip
From the Portuguese Riviera to the sunny cliffs of the Algarve, venture along Portugal’s stunning shoreline for 10 days.
- Discover the charms of Lisbon.
- In Evora, step inside a medieval city with Roman ruins.
- Enjoy a leisurely 3-night stay in the Algarve region.
- Explore the soft sandy beaches and classic fishing villages.
- Soak in the Portuguese sunshine and savor local flavors.
- Visit the charming town of Tavira with its Moorish-inspired architecture and Renaissance style buildings.
- Encounter picturesque resort towns, winding cobblestone streets, oceanfront promenades, and quaint villages of perfection.
"MJ: Michael Jackson" Day Trip
May 21, 2024
Tropical Costa Rica
Nov. 1-9, 2024 | Sign up for this trip
Lush forests and stunning waterfalls, rumbling volcanoes and endless coastlines. Costa Rica is a paradise teeming with exotic plants and incredible animals.
- Enjoy the tranquil views of Arenal Volcano from your hotel.
- Explore part of the 20,000-acre nature preserve of Cano Negro on a riverboat adventure.
- Spend 2 nights in Monteverde’s lush cloud forest.
- Experience the forest canopy on your choice of a hanging bridges nature walk or an exhilarating zip lining tour.
- Luxuriate at a resort for 2 nights at Playa Carrillo, Guanacaste, known for its breathtaking beauty and fine sandy beaches.
- Find a slice of paradise and so much more.
- "To Kill a Mockingbird" Day Trip
- "Hamilton" Day Trip
- Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park Trip
- "Moulin Rouge!" The Musical Day Trip
- "Ain't Too Proud: The Life and Times of the Temptations" Event
- Cuba Discovery
- Disney's "Frozen" Musical Day Trip
- Nova Scotia and the Canadian Maritimes Trip
- Vikings Game Day Trip
New England Rails and Trails
- Bell Museum Day Trip
- Tour of Minneapolis Institute of Arts & Walker Center
- Great Trains & Grand Canyons
- "Dear Evan Hansen" Day Trip
- Treasures Ireland
- "Steel Magnolias" Day Trip
- California Rail Discovery Trip
- MN Vikings Football Game
- Munich's Oktoberfest & Danube River Cruise
- "Beautiful: The Carole King Musical" Day Trip
- State Capitol Tour
- "Wicked" Theater Production
- Cape Cod Trip