Electric Vehicle Charging
WSU offers five Electric Vehicle (EV) chargers for student, faculty, and the public to use. They are available in clearly marked spaces in Silver Kryzsko Lot 32 and Gold Main Lot 1. Three are two 15.4 level 2 chargers at Kryzsko and two dual-plug 15.4 kW level 2 chargers and one 50kW DC fast charger at Gold Main Lot 1.
You do not need a parking permit to park in these designated “EV Parking Only” spaces with your electric vehicle to use the charging stations, but only in designated spaces, while actively charging, and time limits do apply.
Best Practices for EV Charging
Designated parking for EVs only is new to WSU and to many drivers.
Driving an Electric Vehicle is becoming increasingly popular, but not everyone is aware of some common EV courtesies and WSU’s associated parking regulations.
Please abide by the following regulations:
- Designated “EV Parking Only” spaces are for use by plug-in electric vehicles only
- Non plug-in vehicles are not permitted in these spaces at any time
- EVs must be plugged in and charging when parked in these designated spaces
- There is a maximum 4-hour charging limit for level 2 chargers and a 2-hour limit for the DC fast charger
- Limit one charging session per EV per day
Vehicles violating these regulations may be tagged and/or towed away at vehicle owner’s expense and risk.
Pricing, Access & Payment
All users will need the ZEFNET Charge app to access and use the WSU chargers.
With the ZEFNET app, you'll be able to access the chargers and pay with a credit/debit card. The DC fast charger is also equipped with a credit card reader.
- No cost for registered WSU student users
- $1 flat connection fee plus $0.12 per kWh for level 2 chargers
- $2 flat connection fee plus $0.12 per kWh for the DC fast charger
Options for Free Student Charging
To receive free charging, currently enrolled WSU students must e-mail their request to Sustainability Director Nathan Engstrom at email@example.com.
Upon submitting your request, you will be enrolled in a defined user group.