Move In and Move Out Information
Moving can be stressful at times. The following information will help guide you on the move in and move out processes.
General Move-In Information
- Schedule a move-in appointment on your Housing Portal – move-in appointments are scheduled for approximately 10 minutes. This is the time you will check-in at your residence hall and pick up your key. After that, you are free to take the time you need to get settled into your new space!
- Watch for specific move-in information that will be sent via email from your residence hall desk regarding where to pick up your key, traffic/parking information, etc.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes – check what the weather in Winona will be on your move-in day and plan accordingly
For Fall 2022, move-in appointments will be on Aug. 17 and 18 from 9am-4pm for all residence halls, including the East Lake Apartments. You will be able to schedule your move-in appointment starting in June, after you select your room.
New students will have New Student Orientation beginning in the evening of Aug. 18, so we encourage you to be moved in and settled by 4pm on Thursday, Aug. 18 to be available for your floor meeting and dinner.
- You will receive an email from your Hall Director/Area Coordinator about 5 days before your scheduled appointment with specific information related to parking, key pick-up, etc.
- Orientation, activities and floor meetings will begin on Thursday, Aug. 18 at 4pm, so make sure you are moved in and settled by that time.
- Classes begin on Monday, Aug. 22.
For Spring 2023, you can check into your room on any of the following days:
- Friday, Jan. 6, 11am-6pm
- Saturday, Jan. 7, 11am-6pm
- Sunday, Jan. 8, 11am-6pm
During these hours, you can go to your hall front desk to pick up your key. Once you have your key, you can move into your room. More info will be sent via email in mid-December after you've been assigned a room.
You'll receive an email from your Hall Director and/or Area Coordinator about 5 days before your scheduled appointment with specific information related to parking, key pick-up, etc.
Classes begin on Monday, Jan. 9.
If you would like to rent a loft, ask a staff member when you arrive.
Loft charges are $50 per semester per loft and will be applied to your student account at the beginning of each semester.
General Move-Out Information (Spring Closing)
At the end of the academic year, the residence halls and dining services close for the summer:
- Last Day for Food Service: Thursday, May 5 at 6pm
- Residence Halls Close: Friday, May 6 at 5pm
- East Lake Apartments Close: Sunday, May 15 at 12pm
You will need to sign up for a 30 minute check out time with your RA.