Proposal Tips & Workshop Resources
- Grant Proposal Components — The Great Grant Whale (PDF)
- Writing for the Reader Tips (PDF)
- Budget Resources
- Proposal Writing Checklist (PDF)
External Proposal Resources
- Writing Federal Grants — This catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance published by the General Services Administration is a comprehensive overview of preparation of federal grant application proposals.
- Grant Writing Tools for Non-Profit Organizations — This guide outlines for creating inquiry letters and short proposals to foundation and corporate funding sources, including samples.
- Grant Proposal Writing — This article, part of Greater Public’s Grant-seeker’s Toolkit, provides tips and organization suggestions for writing a grant proposal.
- Guide for Writing a Funding Proposal — University of Michigan State's S. Joseph Levine provides detailed writing hints for each major section of a proposal along with examples.
- Writing a Successful Grant Proposal — The Minnesota Council on Foundations offers a comprehensive article on proposal writing from the funding source's perspective.
Collaborative Grant Writing Workshop Resources
In collaboration with Minnesota State Mankato, St. Cloud State University, and Bemidji State University, Grants & Sponsored Projects developed an instructional series of workshops that provides faculty and staff with tools and strategies to lead and manage grants at each stage.
Watch recordings of past workshops and sessions and dive into other related resources.