Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some of the common questions students have about program admission and taking business courses.

To be admitted to the College of Business, you need to meet specific criteria. These include:

  1. earned 30 credits or more at the time of application
  2. have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (minimum)
  3. completed the following courses with a grade C or better:
  • Accounting: ACCT 211
  • Communication Studies: CMST 191 or CMST 192
  • Economics: ECON 201 or ECON 202
  • English: ENG 111
  • Math: MATH 110, 112, 115, 120, 140, or 212 (choose one; 3 credits are required)
  • Statistics: ECON 222 or STAT 110 or STAT 210

Visit the academic course catalog to read course descriptions and learn more about the requirements for a specific program.

Provisional admission means that you can pre-register for upper-level Business courses after completing the admission requirements for the College of Business in the current semester.

When should I apply for provisional admission?

You should apply for provisional admission during the semester that you will complete the College of Business admission criteria.

How do I apply for provisional admission?

To apply for provisional admission, complete the College of Business application on WarriorSpace.

This application will roll over to a full admission application once the provisional period has passed.

Yes! You can take upper-level Business courses as a non-College of Business student as long as you are a junior and you have instructor permission.

Yes! You can pursue more than one degree in Business as long as you meet the requirements for both degrees as outlined in the academic course catalog.

To change your major, complete the online declaration/change of major or minor form on WarriorSpace.

Once your request has been processed and approved, you will receive an email and your Degree Audit Report (DARS) will reflect your new program(s).

If you have any remaining questions or would like assistance, contact the College of Business Advising Coordinator.

The College of Business welcomes transfer students. Once you have applied for admission to WSU and been accepted, contact the College of Business Advising Coordinator for more information about your next steps.

For internship information, contact the chair of your department for your major. You can find this listed on your major’s website.

Your academic advisor(s) is listed at the top of your Degree Audit Report (DARS). Your DARS is available in eServices under Academic Records. Need a refresher on where these are? Check out one of our helpful advising tutorial videos.

You also have access to an Advising Coordinator who works in the College of Business and can answer any remaining questions.