Accounting Program at WSU
Committed faculty. Excellent curriculum. AACSB College accredited.
- According to a recent survey conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, "accounting ranks #2 in job demand." (NCAE Research: Job Outlook 2017)
- The WSU accounting major provides the knowledge and expertise needed to collect, measure, interpret and communicate economic information used in business decision-making.
- Winona State University provides its students with a rigorous academic program coupled with opportunities to gain applied experience in accounting while in school.
- Accounting majors learn skills needed to analyze and interpret accounting information, and also to gather and prepare accounting information in accordance with professional standards.
- The WSU accounting program emphasizes the importance of obtaining professional certification after graduation. The accounting curriculum has been carefully aligned to cover all major content areas on the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examinations.
WSU CPA Results Rank Among the Best in the Region
The focus of the WSU accounting program is to prepare graduates for professional success in the accounting profession. The program prides itself on excellent classroom teaching and superior student learning.
Accounting majors have excellent entry-level job opportunities after graduation and are also well situated for long-term career success.